I have found some help tips on promoting the blog more popular. I felt these points are pretty interesting:
1. Post multiple times per day. If you look at Engadget, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Treehugger, Slashdot, or any of the top gadget/tech blogs you’ll see they post relentlessly. There’s always something new popping up in their rss feeds and on their sites. It’s a ‘dynamic’ thing.
2. Post about what’s hot like the other gadget blogs but also find stuff that they’re not posting about. Those things set your blog apart from the crowd and others will link up to those posts.
3. Send tips to the editors of the bigger sites, or any gadget/tech site for that matter. Even if they don’t post or link to you, they will be aware of you and subscribe to your feed and watch it for new and interesting stuff.
4. Link out to and trackback/pingback a lot of the smaller blogs as well. Not only will this get you some long term inbound links, it’ll build awareness of your blog with their readers.
5. Post and comment on other forums or blogs, etc. and follow up. Also, watch who’s linking in to your site and email them or comment on their site thanking them for the link. Relationship buliding, building awareness and visibility is huge when marketing any blog.
Darren over at http://www.problogger.net does some great posting on professional blogging and I’d highly recommend reading his blog daily for traffic tips and strategies.
This is from site http://www.bloglogic.net/2006/05/31/how-to-build-a-popular-blog/