To install MS Dynamics CRM 2011 (RC version so far), you need to install to a clean Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 without existing Dynamics CRM install.
Create service accounts
Create following service accounts on Active Directory and enable the delegation for services.
- CRM_App : Application Service account. CRM web application will run on it and connect user to CRM data.
- CRM_WebService : It manages the deployment, such as create an organization or remove deployment administrator role from a user
- CRM_Sandbox : It is used to create a isolated environment to run the custom code, such as plug-ins.
- CRM_Async : It is used to process queued asynchronous events, such as bulk emails or data imports
To set the Service Principle Name on an Active Directory and enable the delegation to services (Kerberos), follow the steps below,
1. Verify the CRM server name and FQDN, for instance, "CRM" is the server name and "crm.company.com" is the FQDN, and port 80 will be used for CRM web application. Create DNS entries if necessary.
2. Login to domain controller as domain administrator.
3. Execute following commands in command prompt:
Setspn –A http/crm domain\crm_app
Setspn –A http/crm.company.com domain\crm_app
4. Open "Active Directory Users and Computers", select CRM_App and open the properties.
5. On Delegation tab, select "Trust this user for delegation to any service (Kerberos only)"
6. Repeat step 3 to 5 for other service accounts.
Install Dynamics CRM 2011 (RC)
Run CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64.exe and extract file to a temp folder. Run setup.exe.
1. Select Get updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
2. Click Next
3. Enter the product key (RC key)
4. Click "I Accept"
5. Specify installation directory.
6. Select Server roles.
7. Specify database server name. Select "Create a new deployment" if you don't upgrade from an existing CRM instance.
8. Specify the OU from AD, the CRM groups will be automatically created under this OU. This OU has to be created on Active Directory before the installation.
9. Specify service accounts.
10. Select the IIS Web site if it is created already, if not, create a new one. If using port number other than 80, the Service Principle Name has to be explicitly created with this port number.
11. Specify email router server (I am leaving it blank)
12. Specify the Organization Settings
13. Specify the Reporting Service Server
14. Click "Next".
15. Click "Next"
16. Click "Next"
17. Click "Install"
18. Installation begins.
19. Installation finished.